Speakers Cabins offer one double and one single bed (linens and towels provided) and nice decor to provide your Speaker or Director with a relaxing, private room. Carpeted dining rooms are beautifully decorated in warm colors and can accommodate one large group or several smaller groups. Koinonia’s excellent meals have been giving camp food a good name for over 30 years.
Koinonia has two beautiful outdoor facilities for conferences. Both are nestled in the towering redwoods. The beautiful and spacious Redwood Amphitheater seats up to 300 with a large stage, campfire pit and full sound system. The Creekside Campfire area offers a rustic environment amongst the tall redwoods for an unforgettable campfire experience. The site has an extensive Challenge Course with a wide range of high and low elements.
Natural History Hikes
- Study of human impact on old-growth and second-growth redwoods
- Challenge/ropes course, initiatives, group activities
- Coastal range natural history, group and individual challenges
- Introduction to environmental science concepts
- Use of playing fields and pool (depending on season)
Areas of Study
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Kayaking at Elkhorn Slough
- Point Lobos
- Comparative study of forest and marine environments, group and individual challenges
- Año Nuevo State Park – home of the Elephant Seals